I tell you right away that I didn’t even imagine such an amazing result! My greedy gourmet husband called them the best apple pancakes ever !!
I am very happy with this result because it is really the first time that I try couscous in pancakes, I have used 100% wholemeal Bia couscous, perfect chain for this rustic and deliciously sweet.
Post in collaboration with Bia couscous
In frying you will also discover a particular consistency, you will feel the crispy Bia couscous on the outside and the softness of the apple mixture inside which will explode in your mouth.
Not at all greasy, very light indeed, you can perfume these pancakes to your taste, they are very quick to prepare ideal for a snack on the fly and also for a dessert at the end of the meal, also prepare them and let me know I am curious I will do them again very soon !!
- 100 g of 100% wholemeal Bia couscous
- 150 g of milk
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 2 spoons of sultanas
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 grated peel of organic lemon
- peanut oil for frying
- Heat the milk with the cinnamon, pour it on the 100% wholemeal Bia couscous and leave to hydrate for 10 minutes.
- Add the grated lemon peel, the diced apple, the sugar, the raisins previously soaked in water, and finally the flour sifted with yeast.
- Pour plenty of peanut oil into a frying pan, bring it to temperature, pour the mixture in spoonfuls and fry a few pancakes at a time.
- Serve hot or cold sprinkled with icing sugar.