Multi-cooker has become a dream of every woman and the best kitchen friend. With its help, you can cook almost all your favorite dishes effortlessly and in no time, spending fewer hours in the kitchen.
Besides, it’s extremely useful for a big family, when everyone is in a hurry and dies from hunger. Here are a few important things which will help you to pick the best multi-cooker for your large family.
The size of the cookers is absolutely versatile and is defined by the number of portions it can produce at once. For you, the best option will be to choose a 6-quart capacity device. Generally, it’s orientated on the big family as well as it’s an ideal choice for people who often like having guests at home. But keep in mind: you’ll need some extra time to heat your dish to the required temperature, and it’s more energy-consuming.
The cooker wattage depends on the size of the appliance — the bigger it is, the more energy is needed for products to be fully cooked. The wattage of the contemporary multi-cookers generally ranges from 450 to 1400 watts. Before choosing one, consider how often you’re going to use it. For regular cooking, the appliance with 900 watts will be perfect, while for occasional usage you can buy a cooker with lower wattage.
Every model has its particular functional package, so you’ve to decide which settings are vital for you, in order not to waste some extra money on the programs you don’t need at all.
- Pressure setting — allows you to cook lots of dishes faster;
- Temperature control — you can easily regulate the temperature if necessary while cooking;
- Auto warming mode — maintains the temperature of the dish after cooking. Generally, it turns on automatically and allows you to enjoy the hot meal even if it was cooked a few hours ago;
- Delayed start — cook your favorite dishes, when it’s convenient for you. Put ingredients into the bowl, set the time and get your meal;
- Wi-Fi connection — with its help you can download various receipts and control your multi-cooker remotely.
Apart from the functional package and the variety of settings available, paying attention to the technical values is absolutely a must while choosing the optimal multi-cooker for your family. For instance, it’s better to buy the cooker with the non-stick coating, as it’s more reliable and has a longer lifespan. Also, the lid design: take into consideration, that removable type is easier to clean.
Choosing an ideal multi-cooker isn’t a simple task, but when you finally buy it, you won’t regret.